Take Your Business Global with the Global Trade Center
Want sell your products internationally and are overwhelmed or confused by the process? Get help from the Global Trade Center to plan and manage your global business, find the right markets, export your products and get paid.
Going global – are you ready?
Are you a small business owner interested in knowing if your company is right for reaching customers outside the United States?
Whether you are new to exporting or looking to expand to a new global market, the Oregon Small Business Development Center Network (OSBDCN) Globe Trade Center offers services at no-cost to support your desire to go global.
Going global is easier than you think. Let us show you the way.
First Step: Export Readiness Assessment
Have you taken a closer look at where you are today, and where you need to go to be ready to export to global customers? Knowing your business’s strengths and weaknesses before you go global is critical to your success.
Second Step: Export Planning
Having an export plan is the equivalent of having a great map when you travel. In the planning process, you determine where you’re going to go, what you’re going to do, the resources you need, and if your assumptions are correct. If you need capital, an export plan helps justify the money you need to reach your global customers.
Why should you work with the OSBDCN Global Trade Center?
When you work with the OSBDCN Global Trade Center you will work one-on-one with a Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP) to discover if you’re ready to go global. If you are ready, your CGBP will help you through the export planning process.
Going global can feel daunting. But with the OSBDC Global Trade Center, you’re not alone.
- Receive coaching and guidance on the Small Business Administration’s “Export Business Planner” tool to help you determine the benefits and tradeoffs of reaching global customers and to help you develop your export plan.
- Get up to 4-5 hours per month of one-on-one trade specific business advising at no-cost through December 2015 from the OSBDCN Global Trade Center’s team of Certified Global Business Professionals.
- Access to specialized training programs to develop your export readiness such as International Trade Small Business Management, Before You Go Global, and CGBP Exam Prep Training.
- Use of GrowthWheel® international trade modules as a supplementary tool to make decision and take action.
- Support from a powerful support network of global trade partners such as the Small Business Administration, US Export Assistance Center, US Commercial Service, the State of Oregon, and the Port of Portland.
To start working with Certified Global Business Professional, complete an online business profile at the link below. Be sure to indicate in your profile your interest in international trade advising. A SBDC representative will follow up with you for next steps.