Looking For Advice on Starting a Business?
We have courses, training, resources, programs and business advisors to help you with starting a small business in Oregon. Our 19 Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs) across Oregon offer a full range of services and information for small businesses of all types. We are a resource team that can help you in many ways, and we’ve been helping new and existing business owners for more than 30 years.
Before starting a small business or investing money in one:
- Evaluate the idea for your business by researching similar businesses
- Do a self-assessment of your abilities and determine where your skills are strongest and where you need to learn more
- Research the market and your potential customers
- Do a financial analysis on the feasibility of your business venture
- Write a basic business plan
Our Centers offer assistance with the above areas—and much more. A smart first step is a no-cost meeting with one of our knowledgeable business advisors.
Here’s some of what we offer:
- Business training and online classes are offered continuously at no cost or a nominal cost. These are a sound investment for anyone starting a business.
- One-to-one business advising at no cost. An advisor can be your own personal business consultant, and by signing up with an advisor, you’ll also get resource referrals and have access to free business information in addition to great business advice.
- With 19 Centers all over Oregon, there is a Center with training opportunities and advisors near you.
- Resources like online articles and tips sheets offer answers and advice to meet the challenges of how to start a business.
- Our Hispano web resources provide Hispanic small businesses with business development services, business information and resources, and access to partners that want to help new Hispanic businesses.
“And if there was ever a question, our business counselor was there for us.”
Fort George Brewery